Mahjong SKY development proceeds…

So I fixed up some code styles and made it work with the new Android SDK. The main problem is that, like, you cant set anything but direct, native ordered buffers (which I think I understand, a bit) as the GL vertices (and probably UVs and normals as well, were I to check.) Creating direct, native ordered buffers is a problem because, like, they’re write only. I had a bunch of code that would read from the buffers which would then simply crash the program. I rewrote a lot of code and added new features that would cache all the raw vertex data that I would commonly read. Works proper now.

There’s some obvious things that need taking care of, namely that the CPU open melds are all broken looking. I’ll handle that bug first. Then I need to finish implementing Kan. That means doing Rinshan stuff, new dora indicator stuff, etc. After that, I implement furiten. And then Reach. There’s a bunch of things on my work item tracker, but those are the definite big ones. I’ll need to design exactly how SKY should function when you are in Reach (there are decisions you still make, like ron, tsumo, pass, kan (and there’s the whole “you can only kan if it doesn’t change the shape of your hand thing…), etc.) like if I want the user to discard the tile manually or have it done automatically… yeah.

At some point I’ll finish all of the features and then move onto polish. That’ll be great. A bunch of stuff will need to be done for that, such as figuring out how to draw glyphs to a texture so that I can have fonts in any size that look crisp (and any character set, such as Japanese. Definitely can’t like, prebake all of the Kanji and stuff) as well as making other certain symbols nice and crisp. Then probably new art assets, refining the existing assets, etc. I’ll want to get different android phones than just a G1 so that I can run SKY in HD and create assets appropriate for HD. And do more fancy shader effects. It’ll be great. Then I can work on online play? And then porting to other platforms? Then a website? And then trailers? And then publish? That’s the brief of it.

Advertisements

Old stuff is gone; Progress or lack thereof

I can’t access the old Charhut site MySQL database. All of that content is probably lost. That’s okay I guess. Charhut still isn’t really up yet because I can’t figure out how to get stuff on RailsPlayground setup right. I think how it works is that I point my domain to the nameservers and ip they have listed and then everything should work right. All the stuff for FTP and SSH and things all seem to assume that I just connect to charhut.info, put in the password, etc. None of that works because the domain routing doesn’t seem to be working properly, which means I can’t start anything until that works. I sent a ticket to RailsPlayground for advice on how to proceed. Until then I can just keep impatiently tapping my foot. I want to get all this up and running before I continue working on Mahjong SKY because I’m terrible at context switching and working on that while I wait.